Solar Edge is one of the leading companies in the world when it comes to renewable energy solutions. They were founded in 2006 and have dedicated their time and money to providing the industry with innovative new technologies. They strive to increase efficiency by providing products that increase energy output. This is done through module level Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT). The products are available for commercial and domestic solutions.
What is MPPT?
Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) allows each module to be tracked as well as flexible design installation with various tilts, orientations and module types in the same string. Solar Edge Inverters and Power Optimisers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage which allows the installers flexibility with various string lengths to help design the ideal PV system.
PV Monitoring Platform Information
The Solar Edge PV Monitoring Platform is another innovative product from the company. It is a cutting-edge tracking system that allows all Solar Edge products to be tracked and monitored remotely. The Solar Edge PV Monitoring Platform enhances maintenance of PV systems to a complex standard.
The platform will provide automatic updates of any system faults, remote troubleshooting at the module-level which are both localised onto a virtual map. It also detects problems automatically, issues status reports and sends alerts via e-mail.
PV Monitoring Platform Key Features
- Full visibility of your system’s technical and financial performance, including interactive charts and site layout
- Visualisation of PV production, building consumption, and self-consumption
- Data presented at the module-level, string-level and system level
- Comprehensive site-level and fleet-level reporting and analysis tools with an option to schedule automatic reports and export reports, both domestic and commercial
- Effective fleet management and improved O&M capabilities: Automatic alerts on system issues; Remote troubleshooting and access to real-time system data and guided root cause fault analysis; High-resolution data, including historical and aggregated views with comparative analysis diagnostics
- Easy access from a computer, smartphone or tablet
- Multiple options for social sharing and public display to drive referrals and generate leads
- Free for system lifetime
The Advantages of Using Solar Edge Products
Solar Edge is one of the top suppliers of parts and products for PV systems throughout the world. They are believed to be the second-best manufacturer of inverters on the planet. This shows that Solar Edge is an innovative, respected company that can be trusted. We have worked with their products first-hand and can vouch for their reliability and quality.
Their products can output an impressive amount of energy that can go unaffected by even the most overcast of days. This is achieved because each panel outputs power separately. If one or more panels are covered by shade, the whole system will work at near maximum output.
Request a quote for the PV Monitoring Platform
Innovative Home Technology
Solar Edge has recently launched a technology in Australia that lets you run energy appliances even when you are not at the property where the appliance is secured. This is done by using a mobile app, allowing you to turn on air conditioning, programme hot water and under-floor heating. This turns your system into a completely energy efficient household. While this service is not yet available in the UK, it’s a sign of things to come from the company.
Solar Edge gives homeowners flexibility that allows you to place your solar panel installation across multiple roofs. This can be done from different angles and directions which are all attached to the same string. The system allows for up to 45 panels on one string. Because of this, costs can be heavily reduced due to savings on installation.
Points of Failure
If there is ever the uncommon event of something failing with one of your Solar Edge panels then the rest of your system will remain unaffected and should remain fully operational. Meaning that during any service or warranty checks, you will avoid too much system downtime and allow you to continue to generate power.